This week's hot headlines
Sneak peek of stunning new SATX hotel tops this week's 5 most-read stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From a luxe hotel to a large cruise ship, here are the five most-read stories over the past seven days. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Check out that list here. Still need some Thanksgiving to-go ideas? Here's that list.
1. Stunning new San Antonio hotel will house a speakeasy, rooftop bar, and more. Hemisfair’s reinvention is charging ahead. Zachry Hospitality broke ground on a new Curio Collection by Hilton hotel on November 14. Dubbed The Monarch, the 200-room, 17-story boutique hotel will open in early 2026 with a rooftop bar, speakeasy, and much more.
2. San Antonio-born bootmaker Lucchese kicks up ultra-exclusive, $16K anniversary boots. The legendary Texas brand Lucchese marked its 140th anniversary birthday on November 9 with an exclusive collector's edition of the 140th Anniversary Boot — with an equally exclusive price tag.
3. San Antonio's Landrace launches exclusive new chef's counter experience. Landrace is already a central hub for culinary action in San Antonio, but locals who want to get even closer are now invited to sidle up to the counter for a more intimate new experience. L2 brings six seats to the Landrace Chef's Counter, for a "front row seat and a live discourse on the meal."
4. Old San Antonio neighbor is the 6th fastest-growing affordable suburb in the U.S. When thinking about San Antonio-area suburbs, "affordable" may not be the first word that comes to mind anymore. But according to moving experts MoveBuddha, New Braunfels earned a top 10 spot in a new report on the 20 fastest-growing affordable suburbs in the country.
5. Largest Princess ship ever ported in Texas launches first Caribbean cruises from Galveston. Maritime royalty has docked in Galveston: Regal Princess, the largest Princess cruise ship ever based in Texas, has dropped anchor in Houston's coastal neighbor, ready for its inaugural season of voyages to the Western Caribbean.