Former Hollywood heartthrob moves to the Hill Country, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Former Hollywood heartthrob settles down at Hill Country riverfront compound. Dawson’s Creek star James Van Der Beek and his family have left LA in favor of a 36-acre spread on the Pedernales River.
2. 2 San Antonio restaurants bake up spots among best pizzerias in U.S. The Alamo City is home to two of the country's most Instagrammable pizza joints, according to this list.
3. Dine-in movie theater closes San Antonio location indefinitely due to COVID-19. Flix Brewhouse has drawn the curtains on three Texas theaters, including one in San Antonio.
4. Stylish new River Walk hotel adds sparkling addition to San Antonio. As early as March 2021, guests will be able to check into the sleek new Thompson hotel on the River Walk.
5. 6 things to know in San Antonio food now: Anticipated new Asian concept now open at Pearl. This roundup of food news includes two exciting openings — including one with a Jimmy Buffett connection.