Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. Alamo City comes alive via spirited events honoring Dia de los Muertos. Many of the events take place this weekend, and some run through the first week of November.
2. Popular chicken salad chain flocks to San Antonio with 8 locations. The Southern chicken salad shop plans to roost throughout the greater San Antonio area.
3. 6 things to know in San Antonio food: Charming downtown café unexpectedly closes. A locally sourced lunch and brunch spot has closed after a short run.
4. Dog the Bounty Hunter leashes up for a live show in San Antonio. The world’s most famous bounty hunter is heading to town.
5. San Antonio university receives $1 million to foster Latino students in STEM. With this grant, St. Mary’s hopes to see more Latino students graduate with degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math.