One-price Mexican eatery opens in San Antonio, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. 6 things to know in San Antonio food right now: One-price Mexican eatery opens near Pearl. A renowned fast-food chain has made its San Antonio debut, and you can snag anything on the menu for just $2.90.
2. Hill Country resort opens limited lazy river day passes for locals. To make this summer a bit more bearable, the Hyatt Regency is granting locals access to some of the resort's most popular attractions for the day.
3. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. On the Alamo City agenda this weekend: an at-home bubble fest, virtual art exhibition opening, and Broadway-caliber performance.
4. Popular South Texas beach destination extends emergency orders as COVID-19 rages. New emergency protocols are in effect for South Padre Island, and they extend past the Labor Day holiday.
5. Popular podcaster Joe Rogan punches one-way ticket from LA to Texas. It appears he has ditched California in favor of a lakefront home in Austin.