Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Weekend fun is in full swing with the reopening of Aquatica and Top Golf in San Antonio.
2. Beloved San Antonio-founded cafeteria chain's future uncertain after sale announcement. Popular San Antonio-born cafeteria Luby's is pursuing a sale of all its assets. In the meantime, most San Antonio locations remain open for your LuAnn platter fix.
3. Texas-based JCPenney bats down bankruptcy with plush new bedding collection. Filing for bankruptcy hasn't kept JCPenney from launching a luxurious new line of linens.
4. Texas city is on short list to host Republican National Convention. Dallas-Fort Worth was in the running to host the 2020 Republican National Convention; ultimately, though, Jacksonville won the bid.
5. Premium bus operator hits the road again with San Antonio route. Luxury motor coach Vonlane is back in motion and resuming San Antonio service in just a few weeks.