Inflatable tubing course slides into New Braunfels, plus more top stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. World’s largest inflatable tubing course slides into San Antonio suburb this summer. To signal the start of the summer season, a giant inflatable tubing adventure has splashed into New Braunfels, open now through Labor Day.
2. Hawaiian comfort food joint surfs into San Marcos with tropical flavor. Island vibes have arrived in San Marcos with the opening of Hawaiian Bros, a Hawaiian comfort food chain that is making a big move on Texas.
3. 5 things to know in San Antonio food right now: Hot wings shop flies into Northwest Side. Some of the “Best Wings in Texas” have roosted in a new location, plus more local dining news.
4. San Antonio shoemaker laces up $25 million deal for military footwear. San Antonio Shoemakers will make athletic shoes for new Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps recruits.
5. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Among this weekend's highlights: the return of Fiesta Noche del Rio, running all summer long.