Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. From new drive-thru COVID-19 testing to the reopening of major San Antonio attractions, here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. 6 San Antonio-area CVS locations now offering drive-thru COVID-19 tests. On Friday, May 22, CVS launched drive-thru COVID-19 tests at six local stores. The tests are contact-free, meaning swabs are self-administered by patients.
2. 3 major San Antonio tourist attractions announce reopening dates. San Antonio museums are starting to reopen following coronavirus-related closures. First up is the Briscoe Museum of Western Art, which opens to the public on Saturday, May 23.
3. 3 San Antonio companies cash in on new Fortune 500 ranking. The Fortune 500 list is out, and three Alamo City companies make the cut, with one appearing in the top 50.
4. Houston princess and Hapsburg descendant passes away suddenly at 31. Maria Singh, born Princess Maria Galitzine, passed away in Houston on May 4. She died from a sudden cardiac aneurysm.
5. San Antonio-based Whataburger cooks up enticing, limited-time BOGO special. For a very limited time, you can buy one classic Whataburger and get one free. But hurry, because the offer lasts only through Memorial Day.