Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the top stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. San Antonio closes all park facilities in effort to curb spread of COVID-19. In an effort to fight COVID-19, San Antonio and Bexar County have closed all parks amenities — basketball courts, playgrounds, etc. — through April 9. Green spaces remain open, but social distancing measures must be followed.
2. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. In place of our usual roundup of weekend events, we’re highlighting new ways to remain plugged into the city you love.
3. Famed San Antonio chef and local nonprofit dish up free meals during COVID-19 crisis. Chef Jason Dady and Culinaria are partnering on a new initiative to make sure members of the local hospitality community are fed during coronavirus.
4. Texas group matches healthcare workers with RVs for self-quarantine amid coronavirus. One Texan's Facebook post sparked a movement to support medical professionals during COVID-19.
5. 2 San Antonio theme parks make dramatic cuts in response to COVID-19. The temporary closures of SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas have been extended, and the companies have announced significant staffing changes.