River Walk-style park in the works for U.S.-Mexico border, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. San Antonio firm to design River Walk-style park at U.S.-Mexico border. Overland Partners is working on a proposed park that would straddle Laredo/Nuevo Laredo and create a River Walk-style attraction.
2. Beloved San Antonio Book Festival reveals star lineup for 2022 event. The San Antonio Book Festival will return in-person this May with an exciting 10th anniversary lineup.
3. H-E-B launches $1 million donation campaign in support of Ukraine. Recipients of the $1 million gift include one local organization.
4. San Antonio's median home price soars to new record high of $314,000. The latest local housing report shows San Antonio's median price is up 20 percent from a year ago.
5. New state-of-the-art music venue and beer garden gallops into the Pearl. Stable Hall will make its grand debut in spring 2023.