Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Mexican steakhouse selects prime San Antonio spot for first U.S. location. San Antonio diners will be the first in the nation to get a taste of Bovino’s Churrascaría, a popular Brazilian steakhouse mini chain that's making its U.S. debut.
2. 100-mile nature trail connecting San Antonio to Austin springs forward. If all goes according to plan, by 2036, Central Texans will be able explore an ambitious 100-mile trail offering access to some of the Hill Country's major springs.
3. One-price San Antonio discount store with mega deals opens in Balcones Heights. If you like a good bargain, this one's for you. Black Friday Deals opened Friday, January 22, with doorbuster prices that change by the day (but never venture above $7).
4. Homegrown burger chain on a roll with yet another San Antonio location. On the heels of announcing its fourth San Antonio outpost earlier this month, Burger Boy has revealed plans for another local joint, this one slated to open in summer 2021.
5. San Antonio among top markets for home sales in master-planned communities. The Alamo City is home to one of the 50 top-selling master-planned communities in the U.S., according to a recent study.