Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. This affluent San Antonio suburb cashes in as richest city in Texas. Not only is this tony San Antonio suburb the richest city in the region, it's the wealthiest city in the whole dang state. Read to find out where it is and just how much money the average household rakes in each year.
2. San Antonio surprisingly tops Austin among up-and-coming tech cities. It was only a matter of time, right? As Austin increasingly grows, so do prices, leading some savvy tech companies to look at San Antonio for their next chapter.
3. Longtime San Antonio restaurateur suddenly shutters Northeast Side eatery. Less than a year after opening, a Northeast Side spot surprisingly closed late last week. On January 8, Ruben Sepulveda Jr., a stalwart of the San Antonio restaurant scene, announced he was retiring after 42 years in the hospitality biz.
4. Booming San Antonio suburb hauls in top spot among growing U.S. cities. A story about another San Antonio suburb also caught readers' attention this week. This town, nestled just north of the Alamo City, boasts a No. 11 spot among the country's fastest-growing cities.
5. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Still looking for something to do this weekend? From a hilarious spoof of Hamilton to a new Selena exhibit, here are the best ways to celebrate the MLK holiday weekend.