Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. H-E-B pharmacies in San Antonio to open COVID-19 vaccine appointments. On Monday, January 11, H-E-B announced its COVID-19 vaccine appointment portal would open imminently, allowing eligible Texans to schedule appointments to receive the vaccine for free. Currently, the grocery chain is awaiting more vaccine from the State of Texas.
2. 3 San Antonio locations now offering free COVID-19 vaccines. In more vaccine news, the City of San Antonio has rolled out vaccination sites at two local senior centers, as well as the Alamodome. All vaccinations are by appointment only, and, as is to be expected, those appointments are going fast.
3. Bexar County sheriff's lieutenant draws FBI interest following U.S. Capitol riot. A local sheriff's lieutenant is one of six Texans who has drawn attention for attending the recent violent protest in Washington, D.C.
4. All-star Texas chef cooks up new Hill Country bistro and bar. A star Houston chef has ditched the big city in favor of Wimberley for his latest tasty endeavor.
5. 5 fascinating works by Frida Kahlo come to Texas for a limited time. Frida Kahlo fans will have to head to Dallas Museum to see these rare works, part of a privately held collection, on view February 28-June 20.