Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. Cult burger chain slides into San Antonio with special pop-up eatery. We all know San Antonians love Whataburger, but we had no idea how much they adore White Castle. News about the burger chain's Valentine's Day pop-up spread very, very fast. Within 24 hours of publication, all reservations for the unique dining experience were filled, forcing White Castle to issue a press release about it.
2. Smokin' San Antonio spot fires up Texas Monthly's best BBQ bites list. Texas Monthly's barbecue editor has an enviable job that requires him to travel around the state tasting, well, barbecue, obviously. His latest piece narrowed down some of the best bites he's had in recent months, including one local spot.
3. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Still need something to do this weekend? Look no further. From Broadway shows to Victorian radicals (really...), here are the best things to do in the Alamo City this weekend.
4. San Antonio's favorite market topples Trader Joe's as No. 1 grocery store in America. H-E-B is more than just a grocery store, it's a matter of state pride. A new report places the San Antonio-based chain as the No. 1 best grocer in America, thus proving that in Texas everything really is better.
5. San Antonio home prices predicted to grow in 2020, real estate experts say. Nothing gold can stay, and that includes San Antonio's housing prices, which have hovered below the national average for years.