Macy's shutters 2 San Antonio department stores, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Macy's shutters 2 San Antonio department stores amid wave of closures. Department store stalwart Macy's is struggling for survival. As part of a wave of store closures in the first quarter of 2021, two local shops — Rivercenter and Rolling Oaks — will both shutter.
2. Homegrown San Antonio burger joint flipping into new North Side location. A homegrown burger joint is cooking up something special on the North Side: a new location.
3. San Antonio's beloved Hemisfair receives landmark $1 million donation for new garden. Hemisfair received one massive holiday gift this year: $1 million. The money will go to the creation of a new garden, with construction to begin later this year.
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. There are plenty of socially distant ways to have fun this weekend, ranging from an open-air market to a virtual New Year, New You celebration.
5. The Bachelor host swaps Hollywood for wealthy Texas neighborhood. The cavalcade of celebrities relocating to Texas continues. This time, it’s the longtime host of ABC’s The Bachelor and The Bachelorette reality dating shows.