Toast the Tastemakers
A taste of what's on the menu for the San Antonio Tastemaker Awards
For the very first time, CultureMap is bringing the Tastemaker Awards experience to San Antonio — and you're invited. There's still time to snag tickets to our signature tasting event and awards ceremony, taking place Tuesday, April 26 at The Espee.
Join us for an evening celebrating San Antonio's culinary all-stars. You'll sip and savor an array of bites and cocktails, then raise a toast to the 2022 Tastemakers nominees, many of whom will be onsite serving up specialty dishes throughout the evening.
Here's a taste of what's on the menu for our inaugural San Antonio event:
- Beef tartare from Chef of the Year nominee Jason Dady, Jardin
- Pork, duck, pistachio, and blueberry pate from Restaurant of the Year nominee Maverick
- Huitlacoche cake from Best New Restaurant nominee Naco 210
- Peeler Farms Wagyu beef tartare from Restaurant of the Year nominee Landrace/Chef of the Year nominee Steve McHugh
- Carnitas tacos from Chef of the Year nominee Jesse Kuykendall, Milpa
- Poached fish with cucumber and mung bean sprout salad from Best New Restaurant nominee Dashi Sichuan Kitchen & Bar
- Pork carnita crepes from Chef of the Year nominee Ceasar Zepeda, Sangria on the Burg
- Lemoncello from Best New Restaurant nominee Allora
The evening will culminate in an awards ceremony, where we'll unveil the San Antonio's Restaurant of the Year, Chef of the Year, Best New Restaurant, Bar of the Year, and Best Brewery. You can read about all of this year's nominees in our special editorial series.
Don't miss your chance to toast the Tastemakers in person on April 26. Limited VIP and general admission tickets remain and can be purchased here.