Want more great stories like these delivered to your inbox daily? Then sign up for our emails.
The real estate market may be booming in Texas, but that doesn't mean you have to spend a ton of money on a house. At least not here in San Antonio. We've been digging around town and found some beautiful homes at an even more attractive price.
Here are five of our favorite houses on the market for under $200,000:
1. 11907 Flame Tree Cove is 2,033 square-feet of airy space with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The stone exterior has serious curb appeal, but it's the floor plan and high ceilings that makes us swoon. And so does the price: $199,999.
2. Located in Universal City, 362 Kimberly Dr. is ready for move in with an updated kitchen, floors, and a beautiful stone fireplace in the living room. There are four bedrooms and two bathrooms within the 2,515 square foot home priced at $189,000.
3. Enter 9323 Overland Way, a three-bedroom, two-bathroom house with 1675 square feet of open space. Though it's not large, the open floor plan and natural light \ make the home feel bigger than it actually is. Our favorite part? The covered patio in the back. It's on the market for $182,500.
4. Zero in on the details of 27 Rainy Ave. and you'll be sold. This three-bedroom, two-bathroom home has beautiful wood and tile flooring throughout the first floor. Within the 1,750 square feet is ample closet space in the master bedroom (two walk-in closets), a loft area upstairs, and a sizeable laundry room. It's located by the Leon Creek Greenway and offers great views from the multi-level deck for $162,500.
5. 18922 Lookout Mountain Trail is a small sanctuary for folks who want to escape the city. Nestled in Helotes, this 587 square-foot home — with one bedroom and one bathroom — makes for the perfect cozy getaway. There's a small balcony perfect for dining outside under a starry sky. It's listing price? $129,900.
After launching a delicious celebratory ice cream and exclusive merch with H-E-B last month, the San Antonio Spurs are keeping the 50th anniversary party going with even more collector's items. At special games throughout this season, the team will release exclusive bobblehead giveaways to the first 10,000 fans — as well as opportunities to meet former team legends in person.
The giveaways started on November 7, with George Gervin bobbleheads kicking off the collectible five-part series. This week, the team celebrates a special “1999 Championship Night” during the Friday, December 2 game against the New Orleans Pelicans. The night will honor San Antonio’s first-ever championship with a David Robinson bobblehead and a pre-game meet-and-greet with 1999 Champion Sean Elliott.
A two-time NBA Champion with the Spurs (1999 and 2003), Robinson was a 10-time NBA All-Star and the league’s 1995 MVP. The Spurs retired his No. 50 jersey in the rafters of the AT&T Center after his 14-year career, all of which he played with the Spurs. Elliott's jersey is also retired, and he likewise helped the Spurs capture the 1999 Championship, perhaps most notably with his game-winning three-pointer dubbed the “Memorial Day Miracle” in Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals against the Portland Trail Blazers.
The five-part series will ultimately come together as one unit to form a Spurs river barge, made popular during the team’s championship celebrations. This week's David Robinson giveaway will be available to early-arriving attendees, and the chance to meet Elliott will take place on the main concourse at 6 pm.
To get ready to party like it's 1999, fans can watch the pilot episode of the Spurs 50th anniversary The Ring of the Rowel docuseries titled “99 Championship”. A full list of remaining River Barge Bobblehead nights is below: