Splashy seafood pop-up docks at St. Mary's Strip wine bar, plus more top stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From the sea to the Hill Country and lots in between, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Splashy seafood pop-up docks at St. Mary's Strip wine bar. This pop-up has come and gone, and made a big splash. It's back on August 12 for one more pop-up before it starts a residency.
2. Best places to view Perseid meteor shower's peak in Central Texas and beyond. The biggest meteor shower of the year will be most visible the night of Saturday, August 12, until the early morning of Sunday, August 13.
3. A punchy event at one of the world's best vineyards lets travelers make Hill Country wine. At Grape Punch Day, William Chris Vineyards will guide guests on a wine-making journey.
4. San Antonio logs on as 6th best U.S. city for remote workers, Forbes says. The study ranked cities based on the earning potential of remote workers, internet access, living costs, and more.
5. 9 essential things to know about Texas' tax-free weekend 2023. For kids, stocking up on school supplies is one of the only joys of going back to school. For parents who have to pay for them, not so much.