The Broadway smash/cultural phenomenon Hamilton is returning to San Antonio just a few years after its first appearance.
North Park Lexus Broadway in San Antonio announced the Tony Award-winning show is coming to the Majestic Theatre on January 5-16, 2022. Also joining the revised lineup is Broadway stalwart Disney's The Lion King, which roars into town October 21-November 7, 2021.
The shows join the rescheduled 2020-21 season, which was forced to reschedule due to the ongoing pandemic.
“We could not be happier to share this news and are thrilled that it was possible to reschedule nine of the previously postponed or canceled titles and add the special return engagement of Hamilton. This relaunch brings more than 11 weeks of the best of Broadway to the Majestic and Houston Street,” said Emily Smith, general manager of the Majestic Theatre, in a release. “We're optimistic and grateful for the support of our patrons, partners, and team throughout this extended intermission.”
The 2021-22 season's full schedule is as follows:
- My Fair Lady — September 21-26
- Disney's The Lion King — October 21-November 7
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory — December 7-12
- Hamilton — January 5-16, 2022
- Tootsie — March 1-6, 2022
- Rent — March 18-20, 2022 (Season Option)
- Summer: The Donna Summer Musical — April 19-24, 2022
- Jesus Christ Superstar — July 5-10, 2022
- Mean Girls — August 9-14, 2022
- Beautiful ─ The Carole King Musical (Season Option) — June 10-12, 2022
Unfortunately, To Kill A Mockingbird, which was slated for the 2020-21 season, is not among the rescheduled shows. Broadway in San Antonio says that it will return in a future season.
Individual tickets will go on sale at a later date, but those interested in season packages can purchase those now. New Broadway in San Antonio subscribers can join beginning at $335 for a seven-show package. Subscribers are also given priority access later this spring to secure package seats for Hamilton. Current season subscribers will receive email communication from Broadway in San Antonio.