Pabst Brewing Company and Wide Awake present In Living Pixels
Pabst Brewing Company and Wide Awake will present a new interactive art pop-up. The art experience, titled In Living Pixels, will feature seven San Antonio-based artists’ creative interpretations of the digital and natural world around them.
In Living Pixels is a series of immersive and interactive installations that allow guests to have a multi-dimensional view of themselves and the spaces around them. The artists and collectives featured in the exhibition are Wide Awake, Chris Sauter, Natalia Rocafuerte, Charlie Kitchen, Domeinic Jimenez and Ryan Hunter.
In Living Pixels, which will be open from 5-10 pm each day, will contain five separate installations:
- Garden Party - Wide Awake + Dom Jimenez: Guests will be surrounded by neon flowers, greenery and more as they are invited to sit in retro lounge chairs while their faces are projected on vintage TV sets, though their bodies appear as they are, making for a great photo opportunity.
- Let’s Meet Up - Wide Awake + Alan Weissling Pallares: Guests can catch their reflections in 18 large mirrored security domes as they seesaw back and forth.
- Rainbow Xscape - Natalia Rocafuerte + Dom Jimenez: The installation will use cameras mounted on top of televisions and throughout the space that project images onto selected screens, while morphing the images through various color gradients.
- Knowing and Seeing - Chris Sauter: The installation features a freestanding room with circular holes scattered through the walls allowing light to filter through the space creating a mildly hallucinogenic effect. The installation aims to inspire viewers to question their perceptions and the way they take in information.
- Unnamed - Charlie Kitchen: Charlie Kitchen will use nature and optical illusions to create a space that makes guests look differently at the natural world.
In addition to the installations, In Living Pixels will also feature the Creators Lab, a space where two creators provide experiential engagements inspired by the installations including nail art and aura photography. The Creators Lab is available on the opening weekend only (April 9-10) for the first three hours each day.