Hopscotch: Light & Sound
Hopscotch San Antonio is a uniquely curated permanent 20,000 square foot gallery which features 14 distinctive immersive and interactive installations from over 40 local, national, and international artists. The aim is to elicit a sense of joy and wonder in the spaces they curate, where guests may participate in a playful manner and explore beyond their day to day reality.
Installations will include:
- Infinity Boxes by Matt Elson — Color, lights, and mirrors construct beautiful boxes that draw viewers in; it’s an optical illusion project that asks visitors to take a closer look at human perception and social interaction, much like the public’s relationship to social media.
- Walls Within by San Antonio Street Art Initiative — This rotating exhibit will feature unique and meaningful works by renowned San Antonio street artists and muralists, as well as talented up-and-coming artists from across the state.
- Symbiosis by Kuflex — An interactive exhibit where projections react to a guest’s body, adjusting to every movement in real time, and in turn, creating new and unique forms each time.
- Rainbow Cave by Basia Goszczynska — Built from salvaged plastic bags and fishing nets, the Rainbow Cave invites viewers to reconsider our relationship with waste. The piece was constructed using 40,000 plastic bags — the same amount of bags used every 2.5 minutes in Texas.
- Color Therapy by POLIS — This installation uses color therapy (or chromotherapy) to help balance the body’s energy centers, also known chakras. Viewers step are invited to step into a circular room, be surrounded by light, and let their senses "fall prey to the endless periphery."