This is how much income a San Antonio resident needs to afford rent in the city, plus more top stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From new construction to old movies, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. This is how much income a San Antonio resident needs to afford rent in the city. Thankfully, the city's median annual income is higher than what a resident would need for a one bedroom apartment.
2. San Antonio hospital is one of the top 20 in Texas this year, says U.S. News & World Report. Baptist earns particularly high marks for cancer-related care and procedures.
3. Hemisfair prepares to break ground for hotel and residences around San Antonio's new Civic Park. Hemisfair is always looking toward the next thing, but now it's time for the future to become reality.
4. Fun and affordable San Antonio shows up on new list of best cities for Gen Z. San Antonio charms young adults with its vibrant arts and entertainment scene, diverse restaurants, and buzzy nightlife.
5. San Antonio museum collects spooky set pieces for 30th anniversary of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Hope you're sitting down: This year, the classic holiday mashup movie The Nightmare Before Christmas turns 30 years old.