San Antonio Brewing News
Editor's Note: With a new craft beer spot popping up in San Antonio seemingly every month, it's a lot of work to track all things beer in Alamo City. Here's our roundup of everything that's brewing in San Antonio.
Künstler Brewing opens Hemisfair taproom
Künstler Brewing (sometimes Kuenstler Brewing), a popular German-inspired brewpub in the Lone Star neighborhood, has opened a small taproom at Hemisfair.
Künstler Tap Haus is located in the renovated historic 19th century Pereida House at the corner of South Alamo Street and Cesar Chavez Boulevard. The taproom offers a small number of Künstler beers, as well as boozy cocktails, wine, bratwurst, hot dogs, and other fare.
Seating can be found indoors at the bar or on the front porch. Visitors can take their drinks to go if they plan to continue roaming the Hemisfair grounds.
Vista Brewing on the move
Vista Brewing Co. closed its West San Antonio taproom in mid-July. Representatives for the Driftwood, Texas-based brewery say they are relocating the taproom to a larger space, but have yet to offer details.
From 2021 until now, the local beer garden was located on Buena Vista Street, west of downtown. It resided in a renovated warehouse that also hosts Shotgun House Coffee Roasters and other micro-businesses and artists’ studios.
28 Songs debuts first beers
Boerne’s newest brewpub, 28 Songs Brewhouse and Kitchen, has released its first original beers.
The first brew, 81 Days, is a copper ale featuring German Hallertau Blanc hops blended with American Pale Ale and Red X malts. It debuted July 9. The following weekend, 28 Songs released In Essence Azacca, a single-malt and single-hop IPA.
Additionally, 28 Songs recently expanded its food and drink service to seven nights a week, and adjusted its schedule to open later in the afternoon Monday through Thursday.
Busted Sandal arrives in Kerrville
San Antonio’s Busted Sandal Brewing Co. continues its expansion into the Hill Country with the opening of a third taproom, this time in downtown Kerrville.
Located at 709 Water St., Busted Sandal Favorite Saloon features 20 tapped craft beers, a wine menu, and a food truck on site.
The Kerrville taproom opened July 1. Busted Sandal has a taproom in Helotes in addition to the flagship brewery on Fredericksburg Road.
- 8 brand-new craft breweries barreling into San Antonio right now ›
- The 11 best bars in downtown San Antonio to fill up on craft beer ›
- What's brewing in San Antonio: Woman-owned brewery opens in Kerrville, THC beer, and more ›
- Buzzy Austin craft brewery pours into San Antonio for first time ›
- San Antonio’s beloved Twang inspires a spicy new Texas craft beer ›
- What's brewing in San Antonio: 2 breweries expand while one makes a welcome return ›
- Dominate Dry January with these non-alcoholic craft beers ›
- New brewery and taproom buzzes into San Antonio's booming craft beer scene ›
- The best bars for craft beer on San Antonio's north side ›
- The 7 best breweries in San Antonio craft the future of local beer ›