University of Texas students in San Antonio have lots of choices to make when it comes to where to eat. Sometimes, a burger is all that's needed to narrow things down.
Burger Boy, a growing San Antonio chain that melds the simplicity of a fast food chain with the satisfaction of supporting a local business, announced on November 3 that it is opening its ninth location, this time on UTSA Boulevard near its intersection with Interstate 10.
A press release established that this is a "long-awaited and highly requested" addition to the Burger Boy lineup.
Poised across from Costco and next to Dutch Bros Coffee, this could be a routine checkpoint for students grocery shopping with mom's membership card. The release does not mention a drive-thru, but it is safe to assume it will have one, like every other location.
San Antonians likely need no introduction to the chain, which has amassed more than 17,000 Google reviews across its six existing locations — almost all very favorable. In addition to its can't-go-wrong, straightforward American menu of sandwiches, fries, and shakes, the chain has a reputation for especially friendly service.
Among the numerous awards the chain boasts on its website is a designation in 2017 by Business Insider as the third-best burger joint in America. Austin's Hopdoddy Burger Bar, which has two San Antonio locations, made No. 1 on the list.
According to the release, there are two Burger Boy locations coming before the spot at 5622 UTSA Blvd.: first across from the South Park Mall, and another on the Far West Side. The arrival of the former may soothe some San Antonians in the wake of TJ's Hamburgers' closure, about two miles away.
All three forthcoming locations so far are expected to open in 2024.
- 7 things to know about San Antonio food right now: Buzzy icehouse serves up new location ›
- San Antonio burger restaurant reveals juicy plans for third location on Far West Side ›
- Homegrown San Antonio burger joint flipping into new North Side location ›
- Classic San Antonio burger joint opens anticipated 2nd location ›
- 5 things to know in San Antonio food right now: Burger Boy expands outside city limits ›
- Beloved San Antonio burger chain flips into the suburbs, plus more top stories ›
- Beloved San Antonio burger chain flips into the suburbs with new location ›
- 7 things to know in San Antonio food right now: Burger Boy beefs up the Southside ›
- An 8th Burger Boy location is in the works on Potranco Road ›
- Homegrown burger chain on a roll with yet another San Antonio location ›