Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Spanish fashion giant picks La Cantera for first San Antonio store. According to a Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), Spanish fashion giant Mango is building its first San Antonio store.
2. San Antonio Airport redesign takes flight with stunning new renderings. The Terminal Development Program will transform the main terminal into a space worthy of one of the largest cities in the United States.
3. First-of-its-kind Hill Country resort blends acclaimed Texas winery, brewery, and spa. Carter Creek Winery, Resort & Spa stands high on a hill overlooking U.S. Hwy. 290, just off a swerve-fast-or-you’ll-miss-it exit outside Johnson City.
4. Former Spurs owner and Texas tycoon Red McCombs passes away in San Antonio at 95. Under McCombs' leadership Clear Channel Communications (now iHeart Radio) became the largest radio and advertising media company in the world.
5. Kayak and paddle board rentals make a splash at 2 San Antonio lakes. The San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department has approved a license agreement for non-motorized watercraft rentals with Austin-based The Expedition School.