Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Shiner Beer crafts new barbecue joint at iconic Texas brewery. Shiner Beer is untapping a new market with the April 1 grand opening of K. Spoetzl BBQ Co.
2. Soul songstress Patti LaBelle makes solo stop in San Antonio on her Texas tour with Gladys Knight. Labelle will perform in San Antonio's Majestic Theatre on June 17.
3. Crane flies have landed ever so lightly in San Antonio, which means one thing. If they seem to be in larger numbers, it's, as usual, related to weather.
4. 3 San Antonio-area chefs named James Beard Award finalists. Chef John Russ of Clementine has been named a James Beard Award finalist for Best Chef: Texas, plus Ernest Servantes and David Kirkland of Burnt Bean Co. in Seguin.
5. San Antonio home sales continue to decline in February, latest report shows. Despite new home construction skyrocketing at the same rate, existing home sales have dropped by 28 percent.