San Antonio International Airport clears runway for 1st nonstop flight to Europe, plus more top stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From international flights to local delights, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. San Antonio International Airport clears runway for 1st nonstop flight to Europe. Passengers can now book tickets for flights from San Antonio International Airport (SAT) to Germany's Frankfurt Airport (FRA).
2. Hot San Antonio hotel brings back popular live fire dinner series for fall. Executive chef Michael Collins will keep grilling on the patio at Ambler Texas Kitchen + Cocktails.
3. New honky-tonk surprisingly two-steps into St. Paul's Square. When Steve Mahoney first relaunched Francis Bogside and Anne’s, rumors circulated on how he would use the expansive upstairs space.
4. Nola breaks new ground and a Hill Country eatery heads to City Hall in San Antonio food news. This week's food news saw the expansion of a popular brunch spot, cookbook and website features, and more.
5. Here are the top 7 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. There's much to do this weekend, including beer festivals and a great standup set.
- San Antonio-born music icon Pepe Aguilar to make 2 Texas tour stops, plus more top stories ›
- Acclaimed gourmet Austin burger joint pops up at Pearl, plus more top stories ›
- This is how much income a San Antonio resident needs to afford rent in the city, plus more top stories ›
- Texas population shatters records, plus more top stories ›
- New Northside carnitas and a blooming Southtown bar, plus more top stories ›
- H-E-B family tops Forbes list of richest billionaires, plus more top stories ›
- Cult fried chicken and biscuits chain hatches first San Antonio location, plus more top stories ›
- Nationally beloved eatery scares San Antonio with sudden shutter, plus more top stories ›
- Hill Country road outside San Antonio is one of the best scenic routes in the U.S., plus more top stories ›
- Superb San Antonio high school ranks among top 100 in America, says U.S. News, plus more top stories ›
- San Antonio airport lands new Tex-Mex restaurant from celebrated chef ›
- San Antonio airport lands among worst in U.S. in new study ›
- San Antonio International Airport crowned Airport of the Year for diversity ›
- San Antonio Airport flies past the rest with second shortest security wait times in the U.S. ›
- San Antonio airport lands more nonstop routes from Southwest next spring ›
- San Antonio airport resumes nonstop service to top destinations this fall ›
- San Antonio airport launches plan to add more international nonstop flights ›
- San Antonio International Airport relaxes into rating as the 5th least stressful U.S. airport ›
- San Antonio airport gifts travel advice for the busiest flying season of the year ›
- San Antonio International Airport breaks record for busiest day ever ›