Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Iconic Texas author's personal estate set for auction at San Antonio gallery. Taking place at Vogt Auction Galleries on May 29, the auction will include items from Lonesome Dove author Larry McMurtry's home in Archer City, Texas.
2. 6 San Antonio hotels check in as best in Texas in coveted annual ranking. Hotel Emma was the fourth-best hotel in Texas on the list by US News and & World Report, with the Thompson San Antonio Riverwalk close behind.
3. Texas ranks as 5th best state for women entrepreneurs in new survey. The Lone Star State landed at No. 5 in Merchant Maverick’s annual ranking of the top 10 states for female business owners.
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. This weekend's events are all about the people: Simon and Garfunkel; Romeo and Juliet; and more creatives in Texas.
5. 2 San Antonio restaurants make Texas Monthly's list of best new spots in the state. San Antonio gets two restaurants on the list — French-influenced Southern spot Restaurant Claudine and French bistro Cullum’s Attaboy.