Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. San Antonio’s 8 best new restaurants heat up Tastemakers tournament. Our Best New Restaurant tournament is underway, and your votes will determine who wins the title at the CultureMap Tastemaker Awards on August 5.
2. New apartments get starring role at former San Antonio movie theater site. A 300-unit apartment complex is slated for the former Regal Fiesta Stadium 16 movie theater on San Antonio’s Northwest Side.
3. 5 things to know in San Antonio food: Pearl street food eatery gets glorious redo. Chef Johnny Hernandez is shaking things up with a new concept that will focus on South American cuisine.
4. IV-therapy bar trickles into San Antonio with first Texas location. The DripBar has made its Texas debut — with many more locations on the way.
5. San Antonio home market gets even hotter as median price nears $300K. The latest report from the San Antonio Board of Realtors shows prices jumped 17 percent year-over-year.