Editor's note: This year, we're counting down the 10 stories that had San Antonio buzzing. While there is no denying that we can't get enough food news, we also love to read about events, real estate musings, and, of course, the greatness of San Antonio.
1. New San Antonio bar and grill plans Texas-sized grand opening. With a full bar, 19 draft beers, and HDTVs everywhere you look, the opening of Whiskey Tree Bar & Grill was big news for the Northside. Inspired by its namesake, the bar serves whiskey-based cocktails and a large oak tree greets patrons on the front patio.
2. 15 totally free things to do in San Antonio this summer. There's nothing better than summer fun in San Antonio, unless of course that fun is free. This story shared 15 of the coolest things to do when the temperatures heat up.
3. Which of these is the best new restaurant in San Antonio? You decide. San Antonians took CutureMap's quest to find the best new restaurant very seriously. Thousands of people voted before the April 19th ceremony finally crowned The Bin Tapas Bar the winner.
4. Where to eat in San Antonio right now: 8 best Boerne restaurants. Boerne is one buzzworthy 'burb, and our roundup of the best spots to chow down was a smash hit with readers. Among the can't-miss spots is Bear Moon Bakery, Valeria Ristorante Italiano, and Little Gretel.
5. Where to eat in San Antonio right now: 5 hot spots with healthy options. With the new year often comes the quest to find healthful options for dining out. Our January "Where to Eat" series featured five restaurants with healthy dishes.
6. San Antonio's hottest district ushers in trendy food hall. The food hall trend is sweeping the nation — and SA is no exception. Details on The Pearl's new eatery revealed the new 10,000-square-foot facility would feature fare from six of the city's favorite restaurants.
7. 10 must-try menus for San Antonio Restaurant Week. When Culinaria came to town in January 2017, more than 100 restaurants participated. In order to help whittle down the choices, we shared 10 of our favorite menus.
8. San Antonio declared America's most overvalued housing market — again. File this under not so great news. In Forbes' review of housing markets across the U.S., the magazine determined that San Antonio is the most overvalued home market in the U.S. at 18.6 percent. Our neighbor the north, Austin, came in at No. 2.
9. Where to eat in San Antonio right now: 10 best restaurants for gluten-free eats. Whether you're testing out the diet or need it for medical reasons, we uncovered the best spots for gluten-free dining.
10. Beloved San Antonio hotel and blissful restaurant declared best in U.S. Leading into one of the most celebratory years in San Antonio's history, our fair city has recently topped many of the world's best destinations lists. None, however, were as impactful as the declaration that Hotel Emma and Bliss were named best in the country by TripAdvisor readers.