Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. Alamodome penalized as one of the worst football stadiums in college sports. Flag on the play! Alamodome, home field for the University of Texas at San Antonio, was rated one of the top three worst college football stadiums.
2. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. There's a chill in the air, but that doesn't mean we're staying indoors. San Antonio is brimming with outdoor activities guaranteed to tempt everyone out of the house this weekend.
3. Eclectic daytime cafe dawns on San Antonio's West Side with rotating menu. Chef Griselda Muñoz is bringing her popular Laredo cafe to the Alamo City. Marla Restaurant offers a constantly changing menu of classic American and Tex-Mex treats, along with innovative vegan and gluten-free fare.
4. Southside coffee shop brews up outrageous drinks at new Pearl location. One of San Antonio's most outrageous cafes is opening a second location. Folklores offers wild caffeinated concoctions just ready for their Instagram close-ups. For the record, they also brew up "normal" coffee drinks, but that's not as fun.
5. Pioneering San Antonio organization chronicles battle for Mexican-American civil rights. Earlier this year, the National Institute of Mexican American History of Civil Rights was launched to chronicle how Mexican-Americans in South Texas have fought for social justice. Learn more about this unique organization.