Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. Legendary comedian Dave Chappelle surprises San Antonio with last-minute performances. It was the week of Chapelle, y'all. The superstar comedian announced on Tuesday morning that he was performing in San Antonio on ... Tuesday evening. After that show sold out in record time, Chappelle, who is well-known for pulling these last-minute performance stunts, added two more dates at the Aztec Theatre.
2. New San Antonio restaurant offers first taste with experimental pop-up. One of San Antonio's most ambitious culinary pop-ups is moving into a permanent space. But before Best Quality Daughter opens its new brick-and-mortar, it's hosting one more special event on October 26.
3. San Antonio lucks out with second location of delicious Thai restaurant. Tucked away in Denver Heights is one of San Antonio's true culinary gems. Since opening in 2016, Lucky Thai has become an Alamo City staple, thanks a menu of classic dishes. Now, the restaurant is adding a second downtown location for lucky diners.
4. Uncover San Antonio's spooky past through these legendary ghost stories. As the first line of this story aptly states, "San Antonio has always had its share of ghosts." From the spectral to the spooky, the ghoulish to the great, these are the ghost stories every San Antonian should know.
5. San Antonio coffee shop closes after 5 years on the Northwest Side. Cuppencake, the Northwest Side coffee shop famous for cupcakes and a giant teddy bear, has officially turned off the ovens.