Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. George Strait’s 220-acre Hill Country resort springs back after massive renovation. After a fire destroyed part of Tapatio Springs, the resort's owners, including country star George Strait, embarked on a two-year, multimillion-dollar renovation. The Hill Country destination is now reopen and visitors are singing its praises.
2. Developers snap up historic St. Paul Square property to create new San Antonio destination. Expect big changes to St. Paul Square soon. This week, the San Antonio City Council agreed to sell five buildings in the historic district to developers for $4.54 million. The new owners aren't saying exactly what their big plans are for the area, but have vowed to create "a destination where San Antonians can live, eat, play, and shop that will bring more opportunities for economic prosperity."
3. CBD cannabis oil company blazes into San Antonio with 3 new dispensaries. CBD is a BFD in pop culture right now, and one company is all fired up about bringing it to San Antonio. Mary Jane's CBD Dispensary is not only opening three shops in the Alamo City before year is over, but has also moved its headquarters here.
4. Fresh build-your-own burrito chain unfolds first San Antonio location. In uber important burrito news, a Houston-based Tex-Mex chain is rolling into De Zavala Road. Überrito says it offers fresher option than those big-name chains (cough, cough, Chipotle), so order that beef burrito with a side of guacamole — and virtuousness.
5. Charming small Texas town provides perfect fall getaway less than 3 hours from San Antonio. This week may have started in summer, but it's ending in fall, and these cool temperatures have us dreaming of cozy getaways to charming destinations. Check out this itinerary for a quaint little town about two and half hours from San Antonio.