Let us brace ourselves: An all-male dance revue called Magic Men Live is coming to San Antonio at the end of the year. "Where size matters: And everything is bigger in Texas" reads the tagline.
Billed as the "first live stage production to bring the phenomenon of Magic Mike, Fifty Shades of Grey, and others to life," Magic Men Live promises to lift girls' night out to naughty new heights. Like a classy strip club.
The show is produced by (we're not making this up) Premier Gentlemen Entertainment. It's the handiwork of Myles Hass, who also performs as emcee. It's segmented into acts spotlighting different fantasies that are "sure to appeal to a variety of tastes:" Fire Men, Military Men, Trojan Men, and Rain Men are all promised in the show's teaser video, though it looks like cowboys also make a hat-tipping, chaps-wearing appearance.
There's plenty of hip hop-inspired dirty dancing too, à la Channing Tatum and crew from the movies (with which the stage show is not officially affiliated). Audience participation also seems strongly encouraged.
Eight lucky Texas cities receive these magical men at the tail end of 2016. San Antonians can live out their fantasies at the Aztec Theatre on December 9; tickets ($23-$53) go on sale October 14.
The full Texas lineup is as follows:
- November 29: McAllen, McAllen Convention Center
- November 30: Abilene, Civic Center, Abilene
- December 2: Dallas, The Bomb Factory
- December 3: Robstown, RMB Central Pavilion Area
- December 4: Houston, Revention Music Center
- December 7: Austin, Paramount Theatre
- December 9: San Antonio, Aztec Theatre
- December 11: El Paso, Plaza Theatre